- The Creative Director (CD) understands how to conceive, structure and develop creative and branding strategies and is highly capable and experienced in managing and leading the delivery of compelling, engaging interactive creative and branding experiences. The CD is also responsible for managing the product & performance, people, process, and platform of the group output.
The CD is an important strategic, tactical and managerial role in our agency. As such, the CD should be fluent in the integrated experiential principles of Creative as well as Content, Experience Architecture and Technology and should be highly competent in integrating the Creative strategies and deliverables with those from the above disciplines both internally and for our clients. Moreover, the CD will work closely with a specific internal leader to facilitate the Creative servicing and growth of our accounts. As the primary representative of this department and external face to our clients, he/she must be able to conduct these duties with comfort, authority, professionalism and strong creative leadership.
- Efficiently collaborate with the leads of other User Experience (UX) departments as well as Client Services, Strategy, and Technology in the development of client presentations, proposals, statements of work and project plans.
- Client-facing, the CD attends and presents to clients in pitches and client meetings, where appropriate and necessary
- Creatively supports Rosetta’s marketing & branding efforts in conjunction with other Executives.
- Manage staff project assignments, resources, freelancers, and deliverable review.
- Ensure creative quality assurance and delivery excellence.
- Accountable for carrying out the Creative Director (see Creative Director Role Description and Accountabilities) role in select assignments.
PEOPLE: Responsible for the overall performance management and career mentoring of the Rosetta Creative staff within their location including developing accountabilities, promotional criteria and training curricula as well as conducting annual reviews and recommending hiring/firing, reward/compensation and improvement plans.
Supervises the creative team for the programs under their development, including associate creative directors, art directors, interactive directors, designers, UI developers.
•Direct reports to this role are: Associate Creative Director(s), Art Director(s), and Interactive Director(s)
PROCESS: Maintaining and improve the Creative process from strategy to implementation. This includes driving the standard deliverable templates and best practices, as well as ensuring integration and seamless execution with overall corporate processes for Business Development & Marketing, Delivery, and Innovation.
PLATFORM : Managing the Creative design and production platform including the Mac and PC environments. This should be done directly with other Creative Directors who also have responsibilities for maintaining and improving this platform as well as the CTO who will ensure the IT and capital resources needed for proper operation and corporate integration.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Creative and professional services (i.e. agency or similar work).
- Personal development in creative services through increasing roles of responsibility and creative management as: a designer, art director, or creative director.
- 7+ years of online media experience, interactive media and design technologies.
- Offline media knowledge and/or expertise is also highly valuable for Rosetta’s growing UX department development from an online marketing agency to a full service marketing agency.
- 5+ years of experience in offline media creative and execution, and three (3) or more years of experience managing resources and department operations.
Rosetta is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
- A BFA or MFA degree or equivalent experience in communication design, graphics arts/design, etc.
- Expertise and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in interactive design, design technologies and digital platforms required.
- Macintosh and PC platforms, industry standard design and development tools skills required including but limited to Adobe Creative Suite and tool sets.
Rosetta - 18 months ago
RosettaNet is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the collaborative development and rapid deployment of open, Internet-based business...