Measure and quantify PSEG’s physical and financial risks. Primarily responsible for all quantifiable modeling: value at risk, gross margin / earnings at risk, and cash flow at risk. Determine appropriate resulting metrics that can be utilized by various levels of management. Responsible to develop / validate derivative valuation models, Monte Carlo simulations, full requirements modeling, credit metrics, and natural gas storage valuations. Continuously examine financial / energy risk literature to ensure the company is using the latest models and statistical techniques. Train others on the use of models developed. Work with other quantitative resources throughout the corporation to ensure consistent modeling techniques.
This is a multi-level position. The successful candidate will be placed at the appropriate level based on skills and experience. Grade 7 is Quantitative Risk Analyst & Grade 9 is Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst.
- MS degree in Math, Physics or Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in the energy industry; including hands on risk modeling
- Proficient in using Excel / VBA, programming skills in statistical packages (SPlus, R, Matlab)
- Working knowledge of the power and natural gas energy trading businesses as well as physical generation asset modeling.
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making ability
PSEG - 19 months ago
Power player PSEG Power does not play with power, it markets it for profit. The company is the independent power production and energy...