Our premier client in San Francisco is in immediate need of a Telecom Support Technician, Level II.
The Telecom Support Technician II is responsible for performing second-level support and troubleshooting, ensuring that all telecommunication systems and equipment is set up correctly and is operating as required. This person is also responsible for the repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting of all voice and video communications systems and services within the enterprise. This team member is responsible for performing second-level local and remote programming and maintenance, and resolving end-user software and equipment problems. This person is also responsible for coordinating phone and voice mail services for all company users; demonstrating a thorough understanding of the capabilities and features of modern telephone switches (VoIP); Video Conferencing systems, call accounting programs, telephone billing and equipment purchase, and phone/voice mail training. Additional responsibilities include conducting system moves and changes, and ensuring that reliable and affordable systems are consistently available to all staff and locations.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ensure the integrity of the voice and video communications network and devices. This includes monitoring and responding to system alarms 24/7.
- Assist in managing telecommunications equipment, and voice and data cabling infrastructure for all facilities.
- Coordinate and perform second-level maintenance and changes on PBX, Voicemail, Video Conference, ACD call center and CATV systems for new and existing offices.
- Coordinate and perform moves/adds/changes, new hire setups, terminations, and project moves on the PBX systems, voicemail, call recording, rightfax, including in-house wiring/cross-connects.
- Provide remote and in-meeting video conferencing support and monitoring. Set up scheduled and ad-hoc audio and video conferencing bridges via MGC, TMS and Codian, and support of all Telepresence sites.
- Coordinate and perform TV and video conference unit installations. Provide support on CATV system for new and existing offices.
- Resolves escalated problems from first-level support if problems cannot be solved with first-level support software/hardware changes or user training.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation and database updates of second-level software/hardware changes. This includes documentation of frequent or new issues/resolutions to promote cross-training and team support.
- Responsible for ACD call queue, group email box, and logging trouble tickets in the Remedy system, while ensuring that requests don*t get piled up and the end-users are responded to within the dept*s SLAs.
- Interface with carriers, telecommunication vendors and voice communications vendors in problem resolution.
- Responsible for installation and programming of new telecommunications equipment as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager.
- Support 2nd level day to day operation, maintenance and repair of all telephony, video and related software and components within the Telecom department*s responsibility.
- Make recommendations as to improvements in process and procedures for efficiency in Telecom workflow.
- Act as a coach and mentor to first level Telecom support team members, and assist in developing and implementing training materials for fellow Telecom team members.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Provide hands-on assistance and troubleshoots all phone equipment failures and service issues.
- Supervise the development and installation of new equipment at sites and facilities.
- Program voicemail boxes for individual users and troubleshoots voicemail issues and system failures.
- May need to generate a monthly report for all phone work performed by vendors and new equipment purchases for the company.
- Provide requests for new service.
- Determine methodology for installing telephone service appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modification including call switch links.
- Install communication circuits.
- Should be aware of the government regulations related to the installation and operation of the telecommunication systems.
Our client offers a competitive salary package and above average benefits. You will have the opportunity to work in a very collaborative environment with a stable, well-established firm in a high growth mode.
- Requires a Bachelor degree with emphasis in a computer related field or equivalent skill, knowledge and mental development.
- Requires proof of training and certifications.
- Minimum of 4 years full-time experience in installing, troubleshooting and maintaining legacy TDM PBX and VoIP telecommunications systems and networks, as well as voicemail systems.
- Requires some experience with router configuration, knowledge of internet routing methods and protocols, packet network design, broadband access and data cabling.
- Must have working knowledge of telco order procedures and processes.
- Requires working knowledge of MUXs, CSUs, DSUs, T1, DS-0, DS-1, DS-3, PRI, ISDN, analog, voice and data cabling, local and long distance services.
- Requires experience in setting up and operating audio and video conferencing sessions.
- Requires willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with end-users and vendors on a daily basis.
- Requires strong organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, and follow written policies and procedures.
- Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations and work overtime as assigned.
- Must possess good work ethics and a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment with many changes.
- Must have a knowledge of the user and programming of state-of-the-art telecommunication systems and telecommunication standards
- Team player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Must be able to work with users in order to promote effective use of the phone system.
- Must be able to read and understand technical information.
- Must be able to compose materials for phone/voice mail users.
- Must be able to write clear concise documentation.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Communicates effectively to users and vendors.
- Demonstrates good attention span.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Must be able to start and finish a large number of activities independently.
- Must be able to take care of installation, modification and repair of voice, data and video communications.
- Must be able to work under the higher-level employees, who deal with more advanced telecommunications systems.
- Must be able to operate convergence technologies which include IP protocols, voice-over convergence and other fundamentals of telecommunication.
- Conduct site surveys and meet contacts like business managers, construction crew members, utility company personnel, and people from other departments.
- Must be able to undertake telecommunications systems upgrade and answer queries related to system controls, and maintenance of the system in general.
- Must have knowledge of all the technical details of how the equipment functions.
- Know about computers, telephone and cable equipment, network protocols and documentation.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must work with confidence under limited supervision and provide detailed reports.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call Lori Cooper on 707-794-9000 ext. 111.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. No agency inquiries, please.
Concinnity Group, Inc.
1425 N McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954
Phone: (707) 794-9000
Fax: (707) 794-9177
postjobfree.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Concinnity Group can help you find the perfect employee to fit your needs, and hitting the target whether you’re looking to add to...