Sr. Internal Control Analyst (Job Number: 322517)
The Internal Control Specialist will report directly to the Internal Controls Manager, and will work closely with the SOX PMO team, Internal Audit, the Group Internal Efficiencies and Controls (IEC) staff, various Corporate Departments, and line organization finance staff. The Internal Control Specialist will assist in all aspects of the day to day operation of the SOX PMO department in performing a wide range of tasks and responsibilities (see below).
The SOX PMO department maintains SAIC’s SOX internal control and DCAA/DCMA business systems control frameworks, utilizing the COSO framework. The department is responsible for administration and oversight of SAIC’s SOX and DCAA/DCMA compliance programs which includes:
In addition, the SOX PMO works closely with line organization finance staff and various Corporate functional areas in support of process improvement and efficiency projects, and other special projects. We are also a resource for policy guidance and interpretation, and an overall resource for various accounting and internal control issues.
- Performance of annual risk assessments, and updates of risk assessments as needed, due to changes in the business or operating environment and similar
- SOX project scoping which includes the identification of in scope entities, financial statement line items, and accounts.
- Identification of objectives to cover the risks associated with the relevant financial statement assertions for all in scope accounts, financial statement line items and disclosures.
- Maintenance and revision of SOX and DCAA/DCMA internal control documentation.
- Design review of the adequacy of SOX and DCAA/DCMA controls to determine that they satisfy the relevant objectives
- Evaluation of audit findings from our registered public accounting firm, Deloitte, the DCAA and DCMA, and Internal Audit
- Development and implementation of remediation to address internal control weakness or new risks
- Administrative oversight for various ongoing monitoring programs including the SOX and DCAA/DCMA Self Assessment Program
- Administration of quarterly SOX and DCAA/DCMA internal control certifications
The position will be very challenging and provide great opportunities to gain exposure to all areas of the business and the financial statements, and interface with professionals from all areas of SAIC. The SOX 404 and DCAA Compliance efforts are top priorities of the company and we are looking for someone to compliment our great team and help us accomplish these mission critical tasks!
Education: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or related field. CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
Required Skills: 6+ years of related experience. Big 4 Public Accounting experience strongly preferred, experience in internal controls strongly preferred, and a strong background in accounting required. Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and leadership skills. Must have the ability to deal with multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2013, 4:08:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...