Winebow, a global leader in fine Wine and Spirits has a very exciting opportunity for a Benefits Specialist to join an already successful corporate HR Department. This position will be working out of our corporate office in Montvale, NJ and reports directly to the VP of Human Resources. The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for the daily administration the corporate benefits program, including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement Plan, and Voluntary Plans. This person will also be the primary contact for program vendors and third party administrators on a daily basis to resolve issues. We welcome experienced Benefits Specialist who have worked for large companies with employee populations of 600 plus.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Coordinate benefit processing, including health & welfare enrollments, COBRA, benefit changes, disability, workers comp and 401K enrollments.
- Oversee regular audits to ensure all benefit plans are in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Prepare reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform comprehensive new hire orientation including benefit and payroll overview. Outline benefit package including medical, dental, disability and life insurances.
- Verify eligibility and process enrollments through on-line submissions. Send ID and welcome information to new members.
- Report periodic enrollment changes and terminations to insurance carriers.
- Assist employees in resolving insurance issues and/or discrepancies on a daily basis.
- Follow-up with insurance companies on behalf of employees.
- Organize Wellness Initiatives and Health Fairs, including disseminating monthly healty living lifestyle brochures/correspondence to members.
- Report census information to insurance companies, benefit advisors and managers.
- Work with payroll supervisor to audit bi-weekly payroll.
- Through Ceridian System develop customize and run reports as needed.
- Keep a log of vacation accrual by employee. Update as 3, 5, 15 yr anniversaries are reached.
- ARRA Subsidy credits. Reconcile subsidy payments. Report periodic and quarterly tax subsidy.
- Maintain employee insurance premium deductions in accordance to rate policy; 10 yr. service. Calculate employee premiums and cancellations upon eligibility as well as termination: Give monthly to payroll.
- Reconcile and approve monthly invoices from insurance companies. Calculate and approve costs on monthly invoices from insurance carriers.
- Overview 401K plan and discretionary match programs.
- Handle all 401K loan inquiries, QDRO orders, and account distributions. As liaison between Merrill Lynch and Winebow, process information and requests for 401K loans, hardships spousal consents.
- Reconcile company matching deposits. On an annual basis, calculate all discretionary match eligibility using final payroll register.
- Distribute reports to managers. Custom time card reports, employment anniversary and birthday lists, census information, etc. monthly or as requested.
- Work with bank and w/c auditors. Provide reports, information, etc. to expedite completion of periodic audits.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll. Review all payroll reports for accuracy.
- Manage HRIS projects-ongoing: Version upgrades/configuration to HRIS system. Provide data as needed to payroll/HRIS vendor through submission forms. Test, Go live.
- Complete UNUM long-term and short-term disability claims, NJ Disability and Workers Compensation claims. Provide data and claims information to insurance carriers.
- 1099’s Non-cash incentives. Provide personal data and amounts to A/P for issuance of individual form 1099.
- Process NJFLI claim forms.
- Issue mandatory FMLA and COBRA paperwork. See State and Federal regulations.
- OSHA. Maintain and file OSHA forms and census information.
- Unemployment. Participate in hearings by phone.
- Zurich Insurance. Reconcile quarterly invoices.
- WA State Industrial Insurance. Reconcile quarterly invoices. Miscellaneous: Projects as assigned by management.
- BA or BS degree required.
- 10 plus years experience working in Human Resources Department within a consumer products organization.
- Must have at least 7 years of benefit and HRIS administration experience.
- Working for a company with multi-state employees is required.
- Strong knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees throughout the organization.
- Experience working in unionized environments.
Winebow offers a complete benefits package including; LTD and STD, Holiday pay, Vacation pay, and Drug Prescription plan. Sick personal and paid holidays. We offer a competitive starting salary. All candidates please include your salary requirements when submitting your resume. Winebow will only respond to those candidates who meet our hiring criteria. All resumes will be reviewed, no phone calls to our corporate office or VP of HR regarding resume status. Winebow does not use outside search firms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including advance Excel skills.
- Experience using Ceridian Payroll and HRIS system.
Monster - 4 years ago
Keeping customers' chilled cedar-lined cellars stocked with premium Italian and regional wines and putting a nice bottle of...