The Fiscal Operations Assistant reports directly to the Fiscal Operations Manager. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely billing of GSA invoices, including coordinating tax billings and CPI adjustments processed by corporate accounting and lease administration. It is also the responsibility of the Fiscal Operations Assistant to ensure that the GSA makes timely payments for both current and outstanding charges. The Fiscal Operations Assistant is expected to assist with the processing of accounts payable and posting of cash receipts.
A detailed list of the position responsibilities has been developed so that expectations are clearly communicated. However, it is rarely possible to provide a list that will capture all possible projects and assignments. Additional duties may be added or removed.
- Work with corporate accounting to reconcile GSA accounts and resolve discrepancies, including re-submitting invoices to the GSA and researching unidentified payments.
- Work with the property managers to ensure that we have funding and proper documentation for all services performed.
- Develop a working knowledge of the GSA process and requirements for proper invoicing and prompt payment.
- Work with the property managers to understand the GSA rights of the landlord as stated in the lease.
- Keep track of all funding amounts received through SLA’s or PO’s; notify the property managers immediately if additional funding is needed and work with the GSA to process the necessary change orders.
- Develop rapport with GSA representatives and tenant contacts.
- Stay in constant contact with the GSA to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments, follow-up on any rejected invoices and discrepancy in payments.
- Track all communication with the GSA, to include names, dates and times for specific issues.
- Once corporate accounting submits tax invoices and CPI adjustments to the GSA, ensure that the regional tracking sheets are updated and a complete package is received and filed.
- Meet with management monthly to review outstanding AR.
- Maintain GSA contact list, with all pertinent information including DUNS numbers and lease ID numbers.
- Assist with other regional task as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager or Senior Area Director.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, Minimum GPA: 3.0
· One to two years experience in Real Estate related position
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with coworkers, management and the GSA
· This position requires attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility and strong organizational skills
· Knowledge of GSA online payment processing systems
· Strong Proficiency with Property Management/Accounting software (preferably Yardi), and Windows Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) applications
· Computer and Communication skills assessment will be administered
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $23.0 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,700 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 830 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
CommonWealth REIT - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH) is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which primarily owns office buildings located throughout the...