This position provides design review services for the Metro Historic Zoning Commission and the public, as well as related services such as design assistance, creation of overlays, research and writing, and public education.
· Reviews certificate of appropriateness applications, providing advice to applicants and writing staff recommendations for the commission.
· Inspects work in progress for adherence to permit specifications.
· Surveys potential historic sites and/or districts and makes recommendations for preservation
· Works with other Metro departments, such as Planning, Codes and Housing to review projects and policies to assess the impact they may have on historical properties and districts.
· Coordinates and attends meetings and/or projects with the public, staff and other agencies.
· Researches and documents architecturally significant properties
· Write articles and reports for various publications
· Assists with the development and coordination of events and other forms of public education
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or a Historic Preservation field from an accredited college or university and 3 years experience in architecture or historic preservation
Master's Degree in Architecture or a Historic Preservation field from an accredited college or university and 1 year experience in architecture or historic preservaton.
Valid "Class D" Driver's License
Incumbents are also required to use their personal vehicles in the performance of the job duties. Metro Government will not pay relocation expenses for this position.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of architectural design and drafting techniques.
Skill in drawing architectural illustrations.
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County - 12 months ago