Are you our next Demand Planning Analyst?
We are currently seeking a Demand Planning Analyst for our Plymouth, MN location. As a critical member of the Product Management team, the Analyst will establish and manage item (SKU) level, warehouse, and plant level statistical forecasts for their specific area of accountability; will collect and incorporate all sources of sales, commercial and marketing intelligence to produce the best possible operational forecast. Works closely with the Supply Planning team to identify and resolve forecast changes and their impact on the supply chain relative to inventory and production. Has a full understanding of demand and change impact. Responsible for reviewing forecast accuracy for area of responsibility to continuously improve forecast accuracy; responsible for all three cycles of forecast and demand, i.e., weekly, monthly, and off-cycle that are used to monitor business activities and supports decision-making. Models and analyzes historical demand patterns and recommends options to best plan for future needs, including the warehouse and plant level. Ensures enabling systems are updated and accurate.
What will you do?
- Work Processes: Develops the consensus demand planning reports and statistical models for all products in the cross-functional integrated Business Planning process. Generates statistical models for multiple levels of the business (material, material-location, etc.) to inform future assumptions, capturing and injecting Mosaic bias from market analysis, informing Product Management as they build their monthly Product Plan, collaborating with Commercial on creating the multi-level Baseline Plan, and ensuring the Affinity-generated Customer Supply Plans are properly reported within SAP. Supports forecast preparation and publication of the Consensus Demand Plan. Documents recommended forecast assumptions, risks, and opportunities. Responsible for all cycles of forecast management. Contributes to the 18-month rolling forecast for multiple planning levels. Receives/coordinates all change requests to Consensus Integrated Plan.
- Reporting: Gathers information and creates weekly and monthly consensus demand planning reports.
- Baselines: Supports development of a multi-level baseline demand plan as input to the Product Plan. Reports on projected demand and actual shipments, products, customers, and location profiles within SAP. Gathers data and follows market trends to support building monthly baselines that include: collecting historical sales trends, researching demand drivers, reviewing performance data.
- SAP: Manages demand planning data in SAP, generates statistical forecasts for review by the Demand Planning Manager.
- Miscellaneous: Assists in the development of presentations and other project related tasks.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in Finance, Supply Chain, Business, Marketing, International Business, or Engineering. IT coursework preferred.
- 5+ years of general business experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Agriculture industry experience and/or internal Mosaic experience preferred.
- Statistical analysis experience preferred.
- Completion of any type of formal SAP training or course offering is desirable.
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills are preferred.
- Access DB familiarity.
- SAP system experience/knowledge preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions. Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Mosaic Company - 19 months ago
The Mosaic Company (Mosaic) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture...