Responsible for establishing and maintaining productive client relationships Involved in sales calls and maintaining account relationships. Assists insurance staff in servicing personal and commercial insurance accounts including processing claims. Responsible for a book of business.
- Participates in an aggressive business development program to market insurance products and services as well as providing quality service to existing policy holders.
- Functions as an insurance agent with primary responsibilities for identifying customer needs, providing products and services that meet those needs. Is Responsible for new and renewal business and general customer requests involving insurance policies.
- Assures the maintenance of life, health, and disability insurance files, including processing health insurance claims.
- Acts as a leader in activities benefiting the community, thereby raising the prominence of the agency in its market area.
- Initiates sales calls and assists sales representatives.
- May act in a lead or supervisory role, training less-experienced agents.
- Performs clerical duties; including but not limited to, using Microsoft office software, producing error free work, filing, envelope stuffing, photocopying, operating FAX machine, printing projects, data entry projects and general bookkeeping.
- Prepares, in conjunction with supervisor, an annual performance and development work plan with quarterly goals to support professional and personal growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in marketing preferred
- Licensed in Property/Casualty or Life/Health insurance
- Has obtained, or is in the process of obtaining, insurance designation such as CISR, CPSR and ACSR
Field of Experience
- Minimum of five years or more of insurance sales experience
Administrative/Technical Skills - Detail oriented
- Knowledge of insurance products/services, organization, technical, functional, industry/regulatory
- Excellent knowledge of company guidelines and prequalification of customer accounts
- Demonstrated ability to grow book of business
- Strong communication skills including written & verbal skills, listening & responding, information sharing, influencing and presentation
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Strong personal computer, customer service, sales and problem solving skills required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong sales skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to train others
- May act in a lead role or supervise staff
Bank of the West - 2 years ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...