Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions around the world every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. At The Walt Disney Company, it's our people who carry the torch and ensure that our innovation and excellence in entertainment lives on. And you see it in all we do: from thrills on the high seas to the adrenaline rush of a coaster ride; from the action on the big screen to the action of the big game, every day someone is being touched by a Disney brand. And you can be too. Isn't it time you bring your unique talents to Disney?
The position will support the Disney Store Design and Delivery team in the sourcing of Disney Furnished Items (DFI) for store remodeling. The role is focused on managing the contract process to ensure alignment with Corporate Policies specific to competitive bidding and awarding of new construction contracts. The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for Sourcing & Procurement activities, with a focus on client management, category management, and supplier management, in support of the Studio/DCP/Corporate Segment.
This individual will work as part of the Segment Sourcing team and will be accountable for partnering on and supporting TWDC sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance. The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross-functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing fee and contractual arrangements with preferred suppliers. This individual will perform bids (when applicable) and will be responsible for identifying and capturing cost savings.
The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company's procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and enhance efficiency.
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects that meet internal client's requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- 1-2 years experience in the strategic sourcing disciplines or business environment
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus - ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability/desire to work in a diverse environment
- Knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement processes
- 3-5 years experience in Construction Services Administration
- Proven proficiency with all aspects of the sourcing process for construction services, professional services, maintenance agreements, lease and rental agreements and procurement related goods and services.
- Demonstrated/related experience in drafting and executing construction related contract documents (e.g. Lump Sum, Fixed Fee, GMAX, etc.)
- Architectural, engineering or construction background
- Bachelor's degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services.
Jobmagic - 10 months ago