The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is the American Cancer Society’s largest fund-raising event benefiting our efforts to fight breast cancer. Candidates will be responsible for recruiting and managing relationships with team leaders for the 2012 MSABC event. There are four part-time positions available.
Work with the Event Manager, to successfully recruit corporate teams for the MSABC walk.
- The initiative is to identify people inside of corporations that may have an interest in the issue of breast cancer, and would like to get involved with Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- The focus is on recruiting potential team leaders and inviting them to our kickoff breakfast. Strides Recruiters from there continue to build relationships with these individuals, giving them motivation and information to build their teams to their greatest potential.
- Other responsibilities include driving to personally visit with some team leaders, behind the scenes hands-on preparation work for the event itself, and playing an intricate role both at the kickoff breakfast and on walk day.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Physical Demands, Including Environment:
- EXCELLENT spoken and written communication skills; comfort doing outreach and spending majority of time on phone.
- Sales, customer service and marketing skills
- Ability/willingness to learn and apply new skills quickly.
- Optimistic, team-player with a friendly, outgoing demeanor A MUST.
- Employ discretion, tact, and empathy; pro-active and intuitive people skills.
- Heavy phone and computer work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and in a team environment with peers and superiors.
- Available transportation is required
This position is contract based, runs from June to November, with approximately 30 - 35 hours/week and does not include benefits. Salary is $10.00 - $12.00/hour
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel.
- Some of all of the work of this position may be performed out of doors in varying climate conditions.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
American Cancer Society - 13 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major healt...