The Office of Development in the W. P. Carey School of Business has an entry level position designed to build business activities and event skills and knowledge through on-the-job experience. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter, who has strong communication skills with the business acumen to anticipate service delivery while working in a flexible and multitask environment to support alumni events by assisting with:
- Logistics (e.g. registration, parking, catering, reserving venues)
- Communicating with registrants and volunteers
- Scheduling (e.g. confirming and updating calendar events and activities) and attending local events
- Coordinating marketing materials and contributing to social media efforts
- Updating the alumni website and the W. P. Carey Alumni Chapter newsletter
- Tracking expenditures and conducting event research
- Maintaining ongoing communication with other pertinent staff and external volunteers assisting with events and activities
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM, may require some evenings and weekends; local travel required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Evidence of a Bachelors degree from ASU. Experience in: assisting with planning and the execution of events including maintaining a tracking system and/or databases; social media marketing; Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); newsletter software. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills with a customer service focus, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...