The Pack Room I Supervisor is responsible for
supervising, training hourly employees to meet or exceed
production standards including production yields and
efficiencies. Ensures HACCP, Hygiene and GMP programs
are properly followed. Responsible for good housekeeping
and sanitation practices. Develops employee relations by
supporting Human Resources and their programs involving
employee welfare, safety and ergonomics. Assures
compliance with all governmental regulatory agencies and
Environmental Management System.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must be self-motivated and have strong
verifies daily that employees in his/her area of
- Supervise and Conduct safety training classes;
responsibility are working safely.
- Report any maintenance that needs to be done in
- Ensure that manpower is being utilized efficiently.
- Provides leadership to line crew leaders and hourly
- Ensures all product is made to correct
misses within established guidelines.
- Report / investigate all medical aids and near
- Responsible for NR’s (Non-compliance report).
- Administers corrective and disciplinary actions as
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: College Degree
Preferred; HS Diploma or Equivalent required. Minimum of
1-2 years supervisory experience or 3-5 years team lead
experience in a food processing environment and/or
college degree. Knowledge of HACCP and USDA regulations.
Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to
stand for long periods of time and lift/pull minimum of
50 lbs. Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions
accurately. Knowledge of general work safety practices
and personal protective equipment a must.
Division/Department : Smithfield Packing
Smithfield - 8 months ago