We are seeking a candidate who performs general filing duties including sorting and filing materials, correspondence, records, business forms or other materials according to an alpha, numeric, date, subject or color-coded system. Has the ability to use basic office equipment including photocopy machines, facsimile machines, binding machines, etc. Proofreads documents, completes forms, and performs basic mail distribution activities. Produces lists, labels, forms or other documents. Counts documents, materials, etc. and groups into batches; tabulates batch totals. Reviews content of documents to determine correct filing. Checks manual files for duplicate, missing or misfiled items. Prepares filed materials for storage. Destroys documents according to guidelines. Sets up manual filing systems. Handles money and/or financial transactions. Has basic to intermediate computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs lead duties as assigned by HIMS Supervisor, and in the absence of the HIMS Supervisor.
2. Abstracts information from medical record to complete simple forms (i.e. school and camp).
3. Reviews information release requests for appropriateness and validity and manually/electronically logs these requests within 24 hours of receipt.
4. Serves as inter and intra department resource for the other staff members, answering questions and providing instructions as necessary.
5. Trains new staff and existing staff members on new or revised procedures.
6. Monitors printers for Appointment Data Sheets and special chart requests.
7. Collects loose filing/scan documents from clinical area, as required.
8. Opens departmental mail and sorts; forwards mail appropriately to document preparation station or other clinical units.
9. Assists in obtaining complete authorization for release of information form and answers questions about release of information process.
10. Assists in printing information from appropriate computer system for completion of Release of Information (ROI) requests.
11. Researches missing medical or other data information and compiles with departmental procedures for follow-up when unable to find the medical/data information after exhausting all search procedures.
12. Requests patient charts by accessing the appropriate system.
13. Answers inquiries from patients and staff members and instructs them in the appropriate methods of requesting records.
14. Enters data into disclosure accounting system in accordance with HIPAA standards.
15. Completes cash handling tasks as assigned.
16. Performs other duties as directed.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
� Three years of experience with Protected Health Information required.
� One year of customer service experience required.
� Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software, i.e. PACE, KMATE and Health Connect required
� Ability to effectively abstract computer or paper-based data required.
� Successful completion of standardized test in medical terminology with a proficiency rate of 84% within td ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities required.
� Good interpersonal skills with the abilithe last year is required.
� Demonstrates courtesy, helpfulness, and respect in dealings with customers.
� Strong attention to detail required.
� Strong organizational skills any to communicate effectively with internal and external customers required.
ATR International, Inc. - 9 months ago
ATR International is a leader in temporary staffing, staff augmentation, direct placement, contingent workforce management, payroll services...