FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than 700,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East. FINCA International is looking for Chief Operating Officers (COO) for Eurasia, based in our countries of operations. The COO is responsible for the management of core business operations, including lending, product development, marketing, policy development, and application of internal controls. He/she will ensure that the FINCA affiliate is competitive, and that outreach and profitability performance targets are met. The COO is responsible for ensuring that core business personnel are adequately trained and operate at a high standard of technical competency. The COO also ensures that the FINCA affiliate implements responsible lending practices. As a member of the Management Team, he/she shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the FINCA affiliate, and participates in making decisions on strategic issues.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or related field, or equivalent work experience is required. Master’s degree or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred.
- 4-year experience minimum in banking or microfinance in an operations line-management role. Prior experience as a member of a senior management team is desirable.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field,
- Strong business management and negotiation skills,
- Experience managing and motivating a large staff,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills,
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy,
- Fluency in Russian required. Fluency in English is strongly preferred.
- Availability for domestic travel (up to 30%), and international travel (10%).
FINCA International - 2 years ago
Founded in 1984, FINCA International is a recognized leader in microfinance and the pioneer of the village banking methodology. FINCA curren...