The Director of EMBA is based in Coral Gables, FL and reports to the Associate Dean of MBA Programs and Dean of Students in Evanston, IL. The Director oversees all operations of the extension of the Kellogg School in Florida. This position also has ultimate responsibility for delivering the best possible experience for the Executive MBA students in Miami.
Main duties include:
-Main contact for Miami Campus, promotes Kellogg School culture
-Collaborates with Director, Executive MBA Evanston on delivering top quality and One Program Two Campuses experience.
Ability to work weekends and long hours when needed. Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Manages the Miami campus experience for students, faculty, staff and returning alums;
- Partners with the Director of the Evanston campus to deliver 'one distinctive program across two locations' and with the Director International to integrate the 4 international partner schools;
- Leads full team in terms of setting strategic vision, performance aspirations, and overall culture of the location;
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Operations who is responsible for the facilities relationships and overall operations of the Miami campus;
- Oversees and manages Miami Campus budget;
- Serves as a connector and collaborator with other functions across Kellogg and NU including Admissions, MarComm, Corporate Partnerships, Global Programs and Advancement;
- Guarantees compliance and coordinates annual license process with the Florida Commission of Independent Education;
- Supports execution of recruiting and marketing strategy with Director of Admissions in Evanston and Assistant Director of Admissions in Miami;
- Identifies local and international events to increase campus and school awareness;
- Hosts local and international Information Sessions;
- Cultivates and follows up with candidates;
- Conducts admissions interviews;
- Guides candidates on admissions process requirements;
- Serves as member of the Admissions Committee;
- Works closely with and supervises Student Affairs Coordinator, Miami Campus;
- Counsels current students regarding curriculum, program, and team dynamics;
- Ensures Honor Code is enforced and followed by current and prospective students;
- Collaborates with EMBA Academic Director on academic, in-class, and scheduling issues impacting student experience;
- Guarantees that partner program students have the same experience when taking classes or visiting the Miami Campus; joint effort with Associate Dean, Global Programs and Associate Director, International Executive MBA;
- Supports Alumni Club in keeping alumni engaged in the community;
- Advises graduating cohorts on Class Gift options along with Advancement Officer;
- Works closely with Special Advisor MBA Operations and Corporate Partnerships to develop business and strategic relationships with local and international companies, including Latin America HR Roundtable;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- A master’s degree in business administration, higher education, or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Five or more years in managerial roles;
- Customer service oriented;
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to interact with MBA students in a professional, energetic, and positive manner;
- Willingness and ability to work scheduled evenings and Saturdays and to travel on behalf of the program.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Experience working with MBA students;
- Experience supervising and leading a team in a dynamic environment;
- International management experience;
- Knowledge of Latin American market.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Date Posted: 2/7/2013
What's NU? With its main campus in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, Northwestern University (NU) serves its 16,500 students...