Provides executive level support to a Chief, Chairman or VP of a Department. Performs complex administrative duties including screening calls, making travel & meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data, preparation of spreadsheets, charts, presentation slides; taking minutes of meetings and conducting online and other types of research. The position also calls for flexibility, independent judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients, alumni, donors, medical providers, field leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and related office administration experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in office administration
- Superior verbal/written English communication skills, including excellent grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to be socially perceptive in accepting and relaying confidential information, communicating policies and procedures, and interacting effectively with a variety of Medical Center staff and outside personnel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work with confidential information