RS&H CS, formed in 1984 as a wholly owned subsidiary of RS&H, is an infrastructure consulting firm providing construction engineering and inspection services. Our firm is rapidly growing and is seeking intelligent, innovative, and forward thinking professionals at all levels to join our dynamic team.
Our Raleigh, NC office seeks unique individuals for the role of Transportation Technician II with experience in soils, concrete, steel and masonry materials testing and inspection experience in the field of road and bridge construction.
Duties include inspection and testing of soils, concrete, steel and masonry materials for major road and bridge projects. Experience with NCDOT construction and knowledge of NCDOT specifications desired. A combination or individual ACI, FHWA, ICC, PTI, NICET, NCDOT, MARTCP certifications are required. You will be involved with field observation, inspection, testing and sampling of concrete, grout, masonry, soil, aggregates and asphalt placement, as well as other duties as required. Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers.
• Graduation from a technical college with a degree in civil engineering technology with three (3) years of progressive transportation experience
• Graduation from high school and five (5) plus years of transportation experience
• An equivalent of training and directly related experience
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, required
• ICC, PTI, NICET, NCDOT, ACI, RT, PT certifications a plus
• PT, ICC High Strength Bolts and Welding experience a plus
• Radiation safety for nuclear density gauge, basic concrete and basic soils certifications
• Valid NC Drivers License
When applying to this position, please include which location you are interested in and your salary requirements on your cover letter or resume. RS&H CS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
For a complete list of our current openings or for more information about our company, please see our website http://www.rsandhcs.com .
RS&H CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility...