Kleinschmidt Associates, a nationally known engineering and environmental services consulting firm with regional office coast to coast has an immediate full-time opening for a mid-level Scientist in our Strasburg, Pennsylvania, office. The successful candidate will immediately participate as part of a team of technical professionals working on hydroelectric power and other “green energy” projects in the U.S. and Canada.
- B.S. degree (M.S. degree preferred), in Biology, Fisheries, Environmental Science or similar discipline
- A minimum of 8 year’s experience
- A background in limnology, water quality evaluations, and fisheries science
- Possess the ability to perform high-level data analysis and subsequent report writing
- Experience in field data collection using variable collection methods is desirable
- Overall design, implementation, and management of environmental studies
- Presentation of results in written reports is essential
- Ability to interact with staff from various engineering, permitting, and environmental disciplines to undertake studies to resolve potential environmental effects. Maintaining client contacts and giving presentations is also required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, project scheduling and budgeting and GIS
- Must possess a passport or the ability to get a passport
- Travel will be required
In addition to excellent technical skills, candidates must have sound oral and written communication skills, be self-motivated, and be able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and take ownership of their work.
Kleinschmidt is employee-owned and offers competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement in a growing national consulting firm. All applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States. Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 2 years ago