Digicon Corporation, established in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology Integrator and Solutions Provider to both government and commercial customers. Digicon employs approximately 300 employees throughout the Washington metropolitan area, as well as several other major cities across the nation.
We are currently in search for a Sr. Network Engineer (CCNP) to work at our client site in Ft. Belvoir, VA and at our Corporate office in Herndon, VA. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Maintain Wide Area Network (WAN) communications infrastructure consisting of Cisco routers, Cisco and Juniper firewalls, Cisco VPN, Juniper Intrusion Detection and Cisco switches. Responsible for daily performance monitoring; application of software upgrades; troubleshooting; and customer support. Conduct research and prepare white papers on a wide range of issues involving the application of communications technology in customer’s information technology environment.
Adept in using performance management tools such as Sniffer, Cisco Works 2000, WhatsUpGold, Multi Router Traffic Grapher [MRTG], etc.
o Experience with the functions and concepts of a wide area network, Microsoft server, designing LAN/WAN's and network administration
- Cisco ASA Firewall experience
- Cisco VPN experience
- Cisco Security Device Manager
- Medium to Large WAN experience:
o Troubleshooting routers, switches, servers, workstations, and peripheral devices
- IP experience (to include sub-netting and routing)
- Juniper ISG experience
Position Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT Systems, or other related discipline
- Mandatory CCNP certification
- Mandatory DoD IAT Level II certification (Security +, GSEC, SNCP, SSCP). (Can be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Mandatory certification JNCIA-FW with a JNCIS-FW preferred
- Mandatory 6 years of relevant work experience
- Mandatory Frame Relay and MPLS experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus, but not required
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
If you are interested in and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please apply online at https://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DIGICON&cws=1&rid=195
Digicon Corporation - 2 years ago
Digicon provides a unique set of skills to handle voice applications running on a data backbone. Our view of the emerging technology landsca...