Chippewa Valley Technical College
Business Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Level OR Rate
Based upon level J of the salary schedule ($20.44-$26.73)
Hours Per Week
M-F 8 hours per day, scheduled between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm.
However this position may require flexibility with scheduling to meet customer needs.
Possible weekend work if large upgrades or conversions are required.
Position Summary Information
- Health and dental insurance for family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave
Job Description Summary
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Enterprise Applications Manager and in conjunction with the Institutional Research Data Analyst, this position is responsible for creating, modifying, and managing assigned software applications. This position additionally requires responsibility for maintaining system documentation, training “power users”, providing technical support services, and providing reports/reporting capability for relevant application areas. This position will require efforts in both the Institutional Research Department as well as the Information Systems Department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provides technical support to teams charged with implementation and administration of assigned modules of the College Information System.
- Completes all programming as necessary to complete projects and to provide reporting capability to end users. (I.E. state reporting and grants)
- Creates automated methods to transfer data from internal data stores to both internal and external data subscribers.
- Continually monitors emerging technology trends in areas of responsibility so they can quickly adapt to new technologies/business change.
- Prepares and maintains system user documentation.
- Work closely with technical consultants in the development/enhancement of technology.
- Promote excellence through continuous process improvement and the creative pursuit of new ideas, partnerships and systems.
- Assist in the completion of external data requests to support institutional planning and federal grant reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with College faculty, staff, and students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to write SQL/PL SQL statements Oracle preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed design specifications.
- Strong desire to continually learn emerging technologies and to stay current with research in applications they support.
- Ability to understand data/data elements and how they relate to each other for reporting purposes.
- Knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning systems Banner preferred.
- Ability to create reports using standard reporting tools like Oracle Reports and Cognos.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems Windows and Linux
Specialized training in computer programming related languages. In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Previous experience programming preferred.
Able to work on computers for extended periods of time.
To apply, please visit: https://cvtc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1388
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Equal Opportunity Officer, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6382
Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
Chippewa Valley Technical College will be a dynamic community partner dedicated to adding value through learning and student success.
Posting Detail Information
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Chippewa Valley Technical College - 2 years ago