The Operational Risk Associate will assist the Operational Risk team to enhance and support the enterprise-wide program to identify, assess, monitor, and manage the operational risks inherent in all products, activities, processes, and systems. The position has exposure to all levels within the organization and is an opportunity for significant career growth for the successful candidate. Each day can present new challenges, therefore, the candidate should be able to think independently, interact with management, and drive value on a variety of initiatives.
The Operational Risk Associate will use operational, analytical, and technical skills to assist in various activities including; developing, implementing, and maintaining program policies, standards and technology; providing oversight on compliance with Discover’s Operational Risk Program; and providing risk and control expertise with business units and corporate functions to integrate and maintain required operational risk management practices within business practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
(50%) Support key Enterprise-Wide Operational Risk Activities including Operational Risk Incidents, Key Risk Indicators, Risk and Control Self-Assessments, and Scenario Analysis
(30%) Assist in the development and preparation of timely reporting for internal and external parties including; committee reporting, regulatory reporting, and business unit specific reporting.
(10%) Interact with Internal Audit, Compliance and other corporate functions as directed.
(10%) Support other Operational Risk projects as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or related fields.
• Excellent organization skills, self-starter and highly disciplined.
• Proven ability to work effectively with managers at all levels.
• Ability to work with numerous people and on multiple concurrent assignments.
• Familiar with the financial services industry and issues that affect business areas and their risk profiles.
• Demonstrated analytical abilities, both qualitative and quantitative, with the ability to use innovative approaches to finding practical solutions.
• Ability to recognize emerging issues and make timely and effective decisions.
• Working knowledge of risks and controls.
• CPA, CIA, FRM, or related certification a plus
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...