Promotes the mission and core values as an integral part of the organization’s culture. Facilitates understanding and application of the mission and values into all organizational decisions, policies, programs, practices, and strategic planning. Accountable for the oversight of annual budgets, long-range planning, development and implementation of policies and procedures, marketing the ministry, customer and public relations, organization and administration of employee functions, capital budgets, cash management, new program development, and fund development. May function as the licensed administrator of record to meet regulatory intent.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Works collaboratively and efficiently with Via Christi Villages, Inc., consultants, and ministry staff in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating all ministry programs and services. Develops cooperative and strategic relationships with the local community.
- Leads the development of sound financial objectives and ensures they are met by forecasting, budgeting, aligning monetary resources, developing strategic plans, measuring results; initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Insures that funds are collected and expended according to policy and to the best advantage of the ministry.
- Insures compliance with regulatory agencies governing the ministry health care delivery.
- Insures mechanisms are in place to provide high quality of care and services within the ministry.
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families, and staff.
- Functions as the liaison between the Board of Directors and VCV leadership. Participates in monthly ministry governance meetings to present information congruent to board direction and responds to questions regarding ministry operations.
- Oversees all ministry development activities related to new product development.
- Coordinates supplemental support to product lines through VCV all departments.
- Creates and/or implements appropriate policies and procedures consistent with the ethical and religious directives for Catholic Health Facilities in accordance with VCV policy on policies. Ensures that the appropriate VCV standardized operational and administrative policies, procedures and processes are communicated and implemented.
- Negotiates contracts meeting needs of the ministry and maintains contract(s) in VCH contract management software.
- Prioritizes quality improvement programs and person-respected care initiatives.
- Supports and facilitates creativity, innovation, and cost-effective continuous improvement efforts as they relate to operations and quality of service rendered to residents.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, salary and budget administration, employee counseling and motivation, disciplinary action, organization of goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department.
- Challenges Ministry Leadership teams to be creative and fluid in systems and programming development.
Education and/or Experience
- Advanced professional preparation MBA, MHA or comparable degree, preferred.
- A minimum of (5) five years with all levels of the continuum of care: IL, AL, and SNF, required.
- Experience in a growth oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in an operations role with significant operational accountability.
- History of successfully standardizing key operational and administrative components within organization.
- Experience with working in an integrated health care system a plus.
- Successful implementation of programming that maximizes reimbursement opportunities into the system
- Significant experience with complex payors.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
- Strong understanding of how to assess and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent that can drive organizational excellence.
- Strong business acumen with ability to show ROI and/or rationale for business decisions.
- Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills, and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Exhibits safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations and reimbursement.
- Proficient in computer software programs, i.e. Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn and master new technology.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a current Nursing Home Administrator or Adult Care Home Administrator license, with the capacity to obtain other licenses based on division needs
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Via Christi Health System
- 2 years ago - save job