FULCRUM IT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Jr. Service Desk Analyst (DRU Specialist) (Guam)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Naval Base, Guam
Manager: Program Manager
******** Wounded Warriors, Veterans, or Military Spouses are preferred********
********No HOLA/COLA or Relocation provided********
Summary: Fulcrum IT is seeking a Unit Specialist to support an enterprise solution (DefenseReady) that ensures NAVSPECWARCOM leaders at all levels have near real time information to make informed decisions regarding SOFs most important resource – its SOF warriors and their families.
The Unit Specialist is the single point of contact for all matters relating to the DefenseReady systems for their assigned unit (06/05 Command level). The Unit Specialist is tasked with providing support to include data entry of military personnel and operations records information and military personnel and operations assistance. The Unit Specialist shall interface with military personnel and supervisors responsible for keeping military records updated and tracking of all operations for individuals to include training, military education, and deployments in DefenseReady.
Core work hours are 0800 - 1600 local time, Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide support in entering and verifying data and military records as they relate to Personnel Tempo (PERSTEMPO) as well as other elements and features as they come online within DefenseReady.
2. Train individuals as necessary, providing insight and instruction on the use of DefenseReady.
3. Identify issues within the system, and provide recommendations to supported units on the best possible ways of using the DefenseReady system to meet their unit’s tasks and reporting requirements.
4. Maintain a clear line of communication to the other DefenseReady Unit Specialists to promote collaboration and identification of other unit’s use of the system.
5. Support requests for new features and provide a channel of communication from the assigned unit to the DefenseReady Component Managers and the DefenseReady Global Manager.
6. Work towards gaining an intimate understanding of their assigned unit’s needs, work as that unit’s advocate in generating requirements for potential new features, and recommend efficiencies to be gained from using the DefenseReady system to streamline reporting processes and eliminate outdated systems.
7. Serve as the primary element to provide Tier II resolution of DefenseReady incidents and issues and shall track to conclusion all incidents and issues elevated to higher tier support.
8. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Education: HS Diploma or the equivalent
- Experience: Prefer minimum of one (1) year of experience
- Computers: IT background is a plus
- Certificates: None
- Clearance: Secret
- US Passport: Required
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Capable of working within front-line military units in direct support of the personnel sections
- Excellent Written Communication skills.
- Must enjoy assisting people in need of technical assistance in a tactful manner
- Ability to accurately recall policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Military Personnel experience desired, especially personnel (J1)
- IT background is a plus
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
If visits to areas of operations overseas are required with this position, you may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Fulcrum IT Services is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum IT specializes in the areas of Enterprise Services, Applications Development, Data Management, Cyber Security, and Intelligence Analysis.
Fulcrum IT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Fulcrum IT provides thorough analysis and comprehensive reports on help desks and call centers. We can help you develop a service...