This position supervises central office technicians and has accountability for the central offices in his / her area. This organization is responsible for the provisioning within the central office, including switch, transport and power. Requires daily travel to Central Offices and vendor management. Responsible for MOP, Reviews, vendor oversight, and job acceptance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- This position requires experience in supervising teams, including performing safety and quality reviews and preparing schedules.
- The candidate must also have a strong technical background.
- This should include advanced switch and transport equipment knowledge.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent -generally requires minimum of 4 yrs, experience in a related discipline.
This position requires proficiency in follow-up, status, and escalation for chronic and simplex conditions within the GTD5e switching technology
- Experience in various switching and transport technologies is desired, as well as familiarity with DC power systems.
- You must be able to work closely with other departments and the vendor to resovle issues related to the GTD5 switch.