Join our team! King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking a Senior Application Developer in Oracle BI Reporting technologies to develop and deliver reporting solutions for Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) finance system. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Oracle EBS techno-functional roles applying advanced developer/programmer-analyst skills. Currently, this position will focus on the development and delivery of reports in Oracle EBS Financials, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle BI Publisher applications, and Oracle Discoverer Administration. With the news that Oracle will be de-supporting Discoverer in 2017, King County is in the early planning stages to replace Discoverer. This position will be part of a future project to develop and implement an enterprise business intelligence/analytics solution to replace the Oracle Discoverer. This position may lead reporting and other development projects. This is a techno-functional position and will be a member of the BRC’s Shared Services Team . The best candidate will have: - A strong and extensive background as an Oracle EBS Financials developer. - Deep functional knowledge of Oracle EBS finance system and public sector financial and procurement practices. - Expert-level proficiency with SQL and Oracle relational databases. - Expertise developing reports with Oracle Discoverer and BI Publisher - Experience and skills to serve as Discoverer Administrator.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or email@example.com Who May Apply: This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants.
Work Schedule: This position is overtime-eligible, and is paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The incumbent may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Required Materials: King County Application, Resume and responses to the supplemental questions.
Union Membership : This position is represented by the International Federation of Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17-IT.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical and dental benefits, 12 paid holidays, vacation with pay, life insurance, transit passes, and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain Oracle BI Publisher and Discoverer reports for E-Business Suite finance system. Consult with internal and external customers to identify business and technical requirements. Propose design alternatives based on knowledge of Oracle EBS functionality, its data schema and its technical capabilities. Prepare technical specifications for assigned development objects.
- Perform Discoverer administration duties including creating, managing, administering the End User Layer (EUL), enhancements to the business areas, and control access privileges. *Provide production support for the BI Reporting work, including troubleshooting issues, Discoverer administration, tuning report performance and system performance, and resolving technically complex software defects. *Provide accurate estimates on design, build, and delivery times for new development requests and defect resolution. Manage quality control and delivery schedule of development work and related tasks. *May lead BI/reporting projects and mentor other application developers. *Evaluate new application technologies and products for potential use in the county, and provide recommendations for use. *Recommend technical direction for reporting solutions, including architecture and application standards.
- Three or more years professional experience as a financials developer for Oracle EBS. *Two years of experience developing financial reports using Oracle Discoverer and Oracle BI Publisher (stand-alone application) or Oracle XML Publisher. *Knowledge of financial concepts and accounting practices and demonstrated professional work using that knowledge in two or more of the following areas: General Ledger; Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable; Purchasing; Inventory; Cash Management; Projects/Grants; Fixed Assets; Order Management; iProcurement; iExpense. *Experience as an applications developer on Oracle relational database platforms. *Expert level proficiency in PL/SQL and SQL. Ability to write and debug complex SQL statements. *Demonstrated understanding of different development methodologies and the software development life cycle (SDLC); and the ability to perform quality control, and to enact good unit and system testing practices during the design, build, and delivery of development objects.
- Experience working directly with functional users *Demonstrated ability to gather requirements from advanced functional EBS Financials users, and translate those requirements into technical designs and produce functional-technical design documents *Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Applicants must show their experience and qualifications that meet these requirements in their King County application or attached resume.
- Experience as a Discoverer Administrator
- Professional experience implementing data warehousing solutions to support BI reporting.
- Experience developing interfaces between production enterprise systems across different platforms.
Recruitment Process : The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. Applicants may also be asked to complete a written test as part of the recruitment process. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
King County - 7 months ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....