We are actively seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our Service Center team. This fast paced, multi-tasking position is responsible for providing expertise to acquire, manage, and analyze data and report results. Responsibilities involve capturing, interpreting, analyzing and reporting the data collected along with business recommendations as a result of the analysis. This position will be responsible for presenting conclusions in charts, graphs or spreadsheets, so management or other members of the company can easily understand the information. Analyst must import, clean, and validate data often using databases they designed for this purpose. Results of analyses will be shared with and explained to all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Bachelors in Information Management, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related fields
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Must be expert in SQL and have an understanding of XML
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel, Access (or equivalent), Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience using statistical packages is desirable for analyzing large datasets
- Programming skills preferred. Adept at queries and report writing
- Knowledge of statistics, at least to the degree necessary in order to communicate easily with statisticians
- Experience in data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence software (BI)
- Knowledge of Cognos is a plus
- Construction Rental background or experience would be preferred
- 5 years previous data analyst experience is a must.
Sunstate is an EOE / Affirmative Action Employer
Sunstate Equipment - 18 months ago