Genesys is looking for a Principal VoIP Engineer with experience and skills to develop, deploy, operate and maintain a global VoIP Cloud based solution and to design and deploy advanced VoIP services in a global multi-tenant environment.
The successful candidate will collaborate with VoIP providers, telecommunications providers, customers and internal engineering and infrastructure teams to deliver advanced voice solutions as part of Genesys SaaS services.
The individual must have a strong background in the management of several technologies of session border controllers including Acme Packet. He/She must bring a strong passion of building a high reliable and scalable solutions that incorporate VoIP technologies. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering & Operations. The position is located either at Daly City, California or at Vienna, Virginia.
- Work with appropriate engineering, infrastructure management and product management teams and SMEs to define requirements, evaluate criteria and business cases for feature development of the Genesys SaaS solutions
- As part of the R&D SaaS Operations team, work closely with the Engineering and the rest of the operations and security teams to deploy Genesys Voice solutions in the cloud.
- Configuration and operational management of the global SBC infrastructure, including installation, acceptance, training, documentation, monitoring, validation, project management, turn-up, feature verification, T3 support readiness, tools & methods
- Work with the architecture team to align voice infrastructure deployments to service architecture requirements.
- Manage independently all activities related to the SBC infrastructure and provide regular updates on all relevant activities
- Work with the rest of the SaaS Operations team to develop effective operating procedures
- Partner with the Security and Compliance team to ensure compliance of all infrastructure and vendor VoIP solution standards.
- Develop the voice related global capacity management capability and recommend network analysis and trunk utilization tools to optimize voice network for capacity and performance.
- Be cognizant of network capacity, performance and availability of VoIP infrastructure to recommend improvements in technologies and practices to improve efficiency and metrics.
- Provide operational support, Level 3 support and mentoring to team members and other support organizations in the field of SBC management.
- Maintain familiarity with trends and new development in technologies related to Genesys SaaS solutions.
- Provide strategic technology direction and recommendations to senior management and executives.
- Represent team and/or company in technical forums as required.
- Perform on-call duties as part of the on-call rotation when required
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in VoIP telephony engineering.
- Strong background and hands-on experience managing a large scale SBC infrastructure. Minimum of 6+ years
- Strong knowledge of the Acme Packet SBC technology as well as other SBC technologies
- Experience engineering and implementing distributed call processing using SIP trunking across the globe.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP network protocols (SIP, SIP-T, H323, RTP and Routing protocols) and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to use network management, packet network and voice quality measurement tools.
- Familiarity with network security, SBC technology and generally with hardware/software VoIP products is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in capacity planning for VoIP networks.
- Ability to recognize and resolve complex VoIP issues using network tools and log analysis.
- Strong demonstrable analytical abilities in VoIP troubleshooting.
- Experience with Telecom Service Providers provisioning circuits and troubleshooting issues.
- Cisco Certifications, CCNA, CCNP and CCIE with CCIE voice desired.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team.
- Ability to verbally present complex concepts and technical information to non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic and professional manner. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, and peers.
- Self-starter, analytical and with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and issues.
- Detailed oriented, with strong analytical skills and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively and ability to solve problems with out of the box solutions. Ability to lead a team of professionals both in the US and globally.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently & calmly under pressure and/or stress.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent field required. ommunications Engineering or equivalent field required.
Monster - 17 months ago