Job duties include but are not limited to:|
- Conduct daily hands on self performance activities. Manage self performance process to include supervision of Alutiiq laborers and other self performance employees. Self performance experience is to include extensive knowledge and ability to implement construction of framing, drywall, paint, division 6 and 10 finishes, finish carpentry and any other duties as assigned by the project manager or general superintendent.
- Supervise and direct operations within assigned discipline or area.
- Supervise and subordinate employees, subcontractors and others as assigned.
- Perform general functions inherent in all carpentry.
- Constructs, repairs, restores, and installs structural woodwork and related materials.
- Safely and responsibly operate and perform preventative maintenance on hand and power saws, planers, lathes, joiners, shapers, drills, sanders and a variety of hand tools typical to the carpentry trade.
- Installs locks, knobs, hinges, closures, toilet partitions, accessories, cabinetry, millwork and other fixtures to structures.
- Incumbents in this classification are exposed to restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperature and intense noise inherent to carpentry positions. Incumbents must lift and carry heavy objects.
- Ability to follow direction in a positive team building construction work environment.
- Effective verbal and listening communicative skills.
- Ability to read building plans and specifications and relate those details to field work.
- Cleans equipment, site trailer and work site area.
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement of company’s accident prevention plan.
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- The construction industry is a fast-paced environment that requires decision-making and problem solving skills.
MUST APPLY ONLINE. Resumes alone are NOT accepted.
- 5 years of Superintendent / Lead / Carpentry experience.
- Government/USACE construction experience as a carpenter
- Must have experience working with the US Army Corp of Engineers
- Current First Aid/CPR and OSHA 30-hour certifications preferred
- Clean driving record
You may cut and paste your resume to the bottom of your application.
Alutiiq - 22 months ago