The Houston Independent School District, the largest school district in Texas and the seventh-largest in the United States, is seeking a skilled graphic designer to join a fast-paced multimedia communications workplace. The ideal candidate will be adept at integrating a broad range of content into print, video, and electronic/digital media formats, including websites, brochures, handbooks, posters, templates, presentations, graphics for TV and more.
Working for a district with 282 schools and more than 210,000 students means this can be an extremely exciting role for the right person, with the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects in a department that’s committed to being at the vanguard of the field of education communications. This position manages districtwide design projects across multiple departments, also providing creative direction, professional working leadership and technical assistance in the design and development of the district’s visual communications.
The successful candidate will be prepared to ensure projects are aligned with the strategic goals of the district and its various departments. They will also ensure projects meet budget, timing, client expectations and organizational standards, with responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining consistent design standards and quality across multiple media formats.
Beneficial, but not mandatory – Infographic skills, Spanish language skills, and experience creating brand standards and visual identity systems
- 5 years of Graphic Design experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Art Direction experience
- Degree in graphic design or BFA
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite ( in particular - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office (PPT template development)
- Possess solid design principals and typography skills
- Improve processes with innovative ideas and implementation
- Consult, research and brainstorm on effective design solutions
- Be interested in wearing several hats and be a solid team player to help other employees to improve skills
- Embrace fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently when necessary and flexible enough to design projects without always having complete instructions
- Have a strong understanding of the print process
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Takes pride in work and must be able to proof own work and the work of others
- Comfortable working on both PC and Mac platforms
The district is looking for more than just an experienced and talented graphic designer – applicants should feel comfortable engaging with diverse content to craft creative and effective visual communications, all the while working with a range of customers/stakeholders to serve and promote the educational needs of the children of Houston.
For more information about the district, visit www.houstonisd.org .
Interested candidates must complete an application through the district’s career site. The career site can be found by following the Careers link at the top of the HISD homepage.
This job listing (Job ID 9360) can be found at:
JournalismJobs.com - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -