Linux / UNIX Systems Administrator
Provide on-going support for systems that must be continually operational, which occasionally are modified, upgraded or moved to more effective locations. Support the end-to-end process for these activities, which includes system monitoring for heath and status, generation and verification of new requirements, approvals, CM changes, documentation updates, system and network administration, and the installation of modifications and/or new systems in a timely fashion. Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
Provide tier 1 and 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process. Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers.
Interact with the customer and stakeholders, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner. Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring safety is the highest priority of the workplace.
- 2 - 4 years Experience in at least 3 of the of following: SUN Solaris Administration, Linux Administration, Active Directory, Windows 2000/XP and Windows 2003 Server administration, VMware, Sharepoint, Citrix.
- Participated in the development, staging, testing and installations of system hardware, software and networks.
- Participated in the planning, staging and installation of system networks and system network upgrades.
- Maintained system accountability and security.
- Identified, collected and evaluated all applicable data relating to problems that reduce user performance and efficiency.
- Developed and maintained system-operating procedures.
- Installed software packages and ensured the system operated properly.
- Provided network maintenance support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Independent problem solving; self-direction.
- Ability to work successfully in a diverse environment with Government, Military and other contractors.
Practical working knowledge with the following: SAN, RAID, Cisco router installation and configuration, Network Administration including VLANs on Foundry Switches, Remedy, HP Openview, & Veritas Backup.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
Required Clearance: Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship with a TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...