Swift is seeking candidates for a North Slope based position with a 2 week on/2 week off rotational schedule for an 11 month renewable contract with our client, a major operator in Alaska.
This position will be responsible for scheduling: Internal Inspection Core, Tanks & Vessels, Maintenance Pigging, Chemical Operations Support, and Chemical Services.
- Deliver optimized Functional 8Q and 12-week Schedules (at a minimum) that are integrated across areas and impacted functions
- Liaise with Functional SPAs to understand and optimize Level 1, 2 and 3 activities
- Ensure that the Function 8Q and 12-week Schedules are fully populated with all CAP activities and are deliverable within functional and area constraints
- Ensure sufficient buffers between activities and allowances for emergent work
- Ensure that all functional CAP activities have been checked against 8Q, 12-week, 6-week and 2-week gate readiness criteria
- Perform resource leveling for all functional activities
- Communicate the agreed 8Q and 12-week Schedule within the function
- Support the identification and resolution of delivery risks, resource conflicts, emergent work and schedule waivers
- Identify activities that bring risk to delivery of Functional Schedules
- Identify and drive resolution of functional resource conflicts
- Manage the inclusion of approved emergent work into the schedule
- Support 12-week and 6-week AP Gatekeepers in assessing schedule waivers
- Update scheduled activities through execution
- Apply specific Primavera capabilities in support of the function
- Apply standard Primavera processes that are consistent with the AP Upstream Recommended Practice
- Drive functional execution efficiency
- Update progress on functional activities in Primavera on a weekly basis
- Highlight slippage in the schedule and propose actions to recover
- Review AP KPI performance with APFL, Functional Manager and others
- Support improvements in functional scheduling performance
- First point of contact for SPAs to address issues relating to scheduling and AP tools
- Liaise with contractor planning teams to ensure alignment of company and Contractor Plans and Schedules
The willingness and ability to work a rotational schedule in an arctic environment, tasks including:
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a scheduling, planning, or equivalent maintenance role.
- Experience working with outside contractors.
- Strong skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with a scheduling tool
- Minimum of intermediate computer skills
o Independently lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis and 30 lbs on a frequent basis
o Walking on hard surfaces, steel grating, snow, ice, mud, and gravel
o Routinely climb stairs and ladders
o Drive to multiple facilities daily in Arctic conditions, if applicable