The Senior DBA will actively participate in the LiveText, Inc. IT Operations Team on managing, overseeing and administering the LiveText, Inc. Database and Data Warehouse Systems environments – focus being on production operations and support as well as the long term care and feed of the systems.
The Sr. DBA will be working in a high volume / highly transactional environment supporting web based applications along with the IT Infrastructure Team. The Sr. DBA must be an independent problem solver, possess excellent oral and written communication, good ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and must have a strong desire to learn new objectives. The Sr. DBA will be tasked with server upgrades, performance monitoring / tuning, testing and change deployment. The Sr. DBA will be responsible for mentoring junior team members and help set the IT direction for LiveText, Inc. as it relates to Database and Data Warehouse Systems.
- DB System Administration: 5+ years of proven knowledge and hands-on experience in managing multiple instance Database System environments (including experience working on a Data Warehouse environment).
- Performance Tuning: Proven knowledge and hands-on experience in Database System performance analysis, tuning (e.g., SQL query optimization, and database, schema, table, index, design, database object management, including tables, relationships, stored routines, triggers and users) and resource monitoring (e.g., disk I/O, server load, memory usage).
- MySQL Versions: Experience in MySQL Database Server and MySQL Database Server Enterprise software Versions 5.X (including experience in upgrades, migrations and expansions).
- System Technologies: InnoDB and MyISAM understanding; excellent knowledge/understanding and hands-on experience working with enterprise open source Linux server environment systems (e.g., Red Hat / Fedora, CentOS, or Ubuntu).
- Monitoring / Alerting: Excellent knowledge of open source monitoring utilities: Nagios and RRDTool-based monitoring/graphing solutions (e.g., Cacti, MRTG, and Cricket) as well as database system centric tools and utilities (e.g., MySQL Enterprise Monitor, and SQL Query Analyzer).
- Protocols: Excellent understanding of networking / systems protocols: TCP/IP, DNS/BIND, NTP, SSH, NFS, and SNMP; Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell / Bash, PERL, PHP).
- Education: a four (4) year degree in relevant field required.
- Certifications: MySQL Database System Administration certification (e.g., CMDBA, CMDEV, or CMA) or other related course-work/certifications desired but not required.
- Mentoring Experience: Previous experience documenting systems, transferring knowledge to junior team members, and balancing work-load.
LiveText offers a community for teachers and learners. We have tried to make it easy for you to create content online quickly and easily....