Job Title: Materials Manager
Position Reports to: Director of Operation
Office: Located in North Haven, CT will not pay to relocate, local candidates preferred
Direct, control and organize all material control functions in the plant. Achievement of plant and company goals
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
1. Utilize SAP for MRP, master scheduling and planning purposes.
2. Purchase materials and services using supplier evaluation criteria, material planning and
3. Manage supplier performance goals with a focus on continued improvement and cost reductions
4. Management of weekly scheduling in operational departments.
5. Goal of 100% On-time shipping to all customers.
6. Management of inventories in conjunction with plant and company goals.
7. Problem solving and resolution for departmental issues.
8. Provide accurate and timely quarterly and annual forecasts to KVT Switzerland.
9. Organize and manage logistics regarding shipments to and from KVT Switzerland.
10. Provide various weekly and daily reports as required.
11. Development and implementation of policies and procedures.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Four to five years of experience as an materials manager or inventory control in automotive or related field.
2. Excellent knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office programs.
3. Ability to understand and perform all phase of materials functions.
Education Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Bachelor of Science Business Administration degree in management or equivalent experience
2. American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a plus.