PRODUCTION PLANNER II
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for planning production based on forecast and customer demand.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Adjusts the Master Production Schedule to ensure timeliness regarding scheduling issues.
• Evaluates weekly MRP demands and is responsible to determine scheduling deadlines and inventory quantities.
• Responds to system MPS/MRP recommendations and adjust manufacturing schedule (s) accordingly.
• Interfaces with Cleanroom Supervisors and Customer Service and resolves concerns regarding schedules, orders, and special needs.
• Evaluates customer order record and problem solves backorder issues.
• Prepares weekly production reports.
• Conducts the daily operation’s meeting.
• Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor’s Degree.
• Work related experience equivalent to five years of production planning and scheduling.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of production planning techniques and material control principles.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise others in a team atmosphere.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Knowledge of business math.
• Ability to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs. Oracle planning tools are especially preferred.
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Production schedule evaluation/adjustment
• Backorder evaluation/problem solving
• Report preparation
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that do not require exposure.
Internal candidates: Please log in to the employee services part of the Merit Metro and go under the "Merit Job Openings" button to view and apply to the opening. This can only be done while at work, not from home.
External candidates: Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com under the “Careers” tab.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. , an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has the following opening at its Corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our R&D Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
Founded in 1987, Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a worldwide company engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of proprietary...