The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (
Current Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional, or Excepted Service Schedule A, Non-Temporary Employees)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities -
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Certain Military Spouses (EO) 13473
Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment
Non-DoD Transfer (
, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will/will not/may be paid
This is a LEAD position
This position requires a Secret security clearance
Back to top
THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION IS to manage all aspects of information systems to include acquisition, support, training, and installations for an organization
Serves as Team Leader leading two contractors equivalent to the GS-09 level and one E5 staff member
Administers information systems by monitoring ongoing operation of network systems to ensure hardware and software are functioning properly and that operational standards are met
Serves as project officer for recommending selection of and installing new computer systems and software, and maintaining all computer systems
Administers the computer security program by planning and implementing security plans, procedures, and training to comply with Wing, Air Force, and Department of Defense standards
Back to top
52 weeks of specialized experience in at least the GS-08 level of Federal Civil Service or equivalent that equipped applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of experience include: extensive knowledge of computer equipment, internal computer processes, application and utility programs, and magnetic media; knowledge of wide range of computer techniques, requirements, sources, and procedures; knowledge of some elements of programming, systems analysis, and equipment operations; knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML); skill in ordering and interpreting system dumps, ordering and implementing back-up recovery procedures to replace faulty tapes or disks, reallocating equipment usage to work around equipment malfunctions, recognizing priority contentions, removing work from an operating schedule, and other similar actions involving knowledge of equipment, programs, and operating options; and skill in diagnosing and resolving problems wide telecommunications, Local Area Network, and Wide Area Network systems to carry out assignments which may not be typical in nature and require adaptation of standard procedures and established practices to ensure a positive outcome.
Please click the below link to view minimum qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience for this series:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-08 level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of DoD and Air Force automated data processing and networking standards, policies, and techniques such as Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) and C4 systems standards and procedures as outlined in applicable Federal, DoD and/or agency instructions, directives; and policies as they related to limitation on design approaches, coordination requirements, programming techniques and documentation; and authorized system design approaches, knowledge of the subject matter, work processes, and terminology in the assigned area; and familiarity with precedents and alternative automation approaches functioning in comparable organizations with similar missions.
2. Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems and their interfaces; and higher-level programming languages comparable to COBOL and FORTRAN and other job control languages.
3. Knowledge of data content and output options for a variety of administrative, scientific and/or technical program applications that are processed on any of several multi-program operating systems.
4. Knowledge of facility environment and infrastructure to support computer systems.
5. Knowledge of awareness and/or experience with security and privacy rules pertaining to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
6. Ability to use and maintain a computer system, equipment, and software; analyze computer network, software, and hard problems and develop effective and economical solutions; and train users on new computer systems.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
2. A qualified typist is required.
3. This position may be required to work other than normal duty hours and may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
4. Position is subject to emergency recall and unexpected overtime.
5. The position requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid drivers license is required.
6. Incumbent is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet Andersen Air Forces mission requirements in support of mobilization, contingencies, NEO operations or exercises. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required in support of operations or exercises.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Important Overseas Information:
Applicants interested in applying for overseas locations please click
to review important information regarding exceptional family member program.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives will not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Monday, January 21, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
Military Spouse/Family Preference for Overseas Employment
You must submit a copy of PCS Orders (if your name is not reflected on the orders you must provide a copy of your marriage license), and area clearance or command sponsorship letter.
If your spouses DEROS has been extended you must submit documentation to reflect your current DEROS.
Additionally, verification of Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) status will be required for positions located in Japan and Korea.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144.
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
550 C Street W Ste 57
Department of the Air Force - 10 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...