Teach undergraduate and graduate Mathematics courses, including Geometry for Mathematics and Mathematics Education majors.
Develop a sustainable-funded research program in mathematics or its applications.
Active participation in student advising
Contribute to program development and scholarly activities in the department.
Engage in professional service.
Mentor students and supervise undergraduate and graduate research
- Earned doctorate in Mathematics with a strong emphasis in Geometry (degree conferred on an official transcript no later than August 7, 2013).
- Demonstrated experience teaching college level Mathematics.
- Applicant must demonstrate interest and abilities in teaching Geometry courses, supporting the Mathematics Education major.
- Strong interest in developing Geometry courses.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written presentation.
- Superior teaching skills.
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
- Ability to teach a wide range of mathematics courses.
- Demonstrated potential for seeking grants for curriculum and/or research individually or collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sustainable research program.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Information describing the Department of Mathematics and Statistics can be found at: http://cset.mnsu.edu/mathstat . Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief written description of your teaching philosophy and research interests
Chair, Geometry Search Committee
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Minnesota State University, Mankato
273 Wissink Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/ .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.