Retail Parts Pro
What is a Retail Parts Specialist?
At Advance Auto Parts, a Retail Parts Specialist (RPS) is part of the management team and responsible for growing the sales of automotive parts and related merchandise in accordance with company standards. The Retail Parts Specialist must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the retail business profitably and with integrity. This must be accomplished in a way that is consistent with Advance Auto parts 3 core values (Inspire, Serve, and Grow)
Essential Leadership Skills needed to be a successful Retail Parts Specialist
- Ability to ensure effective and efficient use of all internal and external resources
- Ability to work with General Manager to produce a consistently winning store
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to build strong relationships (team, customers, peers, Store Support Center Team Members and supervisor)
- Ability to fully understand all facets of the business
- Ability to maintain high standards of customer service and create superior customer experiences
- Ability to transfer parts knowledge to all store team members to help increase the stores product knowledge and sales
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and hold others accountable for their individual and store results.
Key Focus Areas
- Providing legendary customer service
- Knowing retail metrics
- Executing on daily, weekly and period goals to drive profitable retail growth
Essential Job Skills needed to be a successful Retail Parts Specialist
- Ability to build customer loyalty that help increase DIY customer traction scores
- Ability to use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required)
- Ability to monitor all activity in the store and ensure that it is highly productive and drives our 4 key strategies
- Ability to manage personal and team time effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and supervisors
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build and lead high performance teams
- Ability to perform basic diagnostic tests and assist in training other Team Members in areas of parts knowledge as needed.
- Ability to understanding and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to hold others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is inspiring
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and fellow Team Members
- Ability to complete basic math accurately
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss statement
- Ability to pass the Parts Knowledge Assessment successfully
- Ability to be fleet certified and drive a company vehicle
- Desire and ability to be the “third key" for the store (must met SOP requirement)
Advance Auto Parts - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement parts...