The Operational Risk Management function for CCIT/GDS/GTCS is responsible for supporting CIOs, COOs and their Management Teams to effectively manage operational risk, security risk, regulatory risk and audit (internal & external) in Corporate Centre IT, Group Data Services and Group Technology Commercial Services. We work closely with our counterpart business risk managers, Operational Risk Control, Group IT Security Technology as well as with peer IT Operational Risk Management functions from other business divisions.
The CCIT/GDS/GTCS Operational Risk Management team is currently based in London, Zurich, Hong Kong and Stamford/New Jersey, but covers the global IT environments of UBS.
The position reports to the Head of IT Operational Risk Management for CCIT/GDS/GTCS. The individual will be responsible for taking a leadership role for the ORM team for the Americas and managing the regional relationships with the senior management of the clients covered. The incumbent will also serve as the Global Lead Operational Risk Manager for Finance & Risk IT and will be the single point of contact on all Operational Risk issues, facing off to the head of these functions and his management teams. The incumbent will maintain an aggregated global risk profile of Finance & Risk IT and drive the proactive management of the operational risks. Additionally, the incumbent will drive the defined priorities of Group IT Risk and clearly articulate them to the CIO, COO and their management teams. Represent Group IT Risk as an independent, trusted advisor at the stream Management Committees and Risk Boards; lead on engagement with EY on Global Audit issues and planning which impacts the Finance & Risk IT function and the regional clients in the Americas
The following are the main responsibilities for this role:
• This role will face-off to the Global Head of Finance & Risk IT and his management teams to provide updates on identification, assessment and status of department-wide operational risks. The key stakeholders are the CIOs/Heads of Function, COOs and their management teams. The ability to work with and report effectively to senior management is especially important. The role will also face off to the senior IT Leadership in the region for all of CCIT, GDS and GTCS
• The successful applicant will need a variety of skills to ensure that the role is a success: excellent IT operational risk management skills, good knowledge of information security, an understanding of technical security requirements,
Strong organisation skills; the ability to network well and get on with people; solid experience with handling management information and metrics, demonstrable experience of designing and implementing process improvements, excellent influencing skills. Experience of an IT Service Delivery Methodology such as ITIL, COBIT, 6 Sigma would be an advantage.
• As this role is focused on Information Technology within a global Financial Services environment, candidates who come from this background will be able to add value to the team more swiftly. This is not, however, a prerequisite. Training will be provided in the relevant regulatory aspects of IT Operational Risk and the appropriate tools and technologies.
• Serve as Deputy Head of the Global ORM function, Provide mentoring and guidance for Operational Risk Mangers. Assist the head of the function in driving firm-wide initiatives, such as Industrialisation, Outsourcing & Offshoring, IT Transformation
Will be expected to have solid experience in IT operational risk management and should help shape the IT Operational Risk function. Success will be measured based on contribution
• Process orientation and ability to spot control weakness
• Integrate professionalism into the existing team of risk analysts
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, presentation and documentation skills
• Understands importance to comply to regulatory requirements and the current 'hot topics' for global regulators
• General IT technical knowledge
• MS Excel data analysis skills and statistical knowledge of advantage
• Verbal communication, writing and presentation skills
• Experience of a project environment – able to help specify, test, implement and train individuals in self certification and metrics too
• An experienced IT operational risk professional with leadership and personnel management experience
• A person with excellent communication and organisational skills
• Able to interact comfortably with all levels of management
• Able to network well and get along with people
• A person with a technical background, with an ability to understand and appreciate different technologies and infrastructure
• Detail oriented, analytical, a good writer and presenter, adept at preparing PowerPoint and Excel pivot tables / macros
• Respected, influential, have very high integrity, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Person with good experience in IT Risk and IT Security
• Comfortable with hands-on “delve into the details” work, as well as high level strategic analysis
• A person that can handle sensitive material appropriately
Undergraduate university degree in a technical, scientific or business discipline
Fluency in English required
knowledge of German preferred
A candidate with a background in management consultancy / advisory would be strongly preferred
UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
UBS - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland....