The Security Shift Supervisor is responsible for implementing all approved procedures and training new Security Officers on a set shift. They coordinate all security functions within the property during their shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise, plan and schedule security activities, conduct briefings to update on-coming officers on all new developments.
2. Determine Security Officer assignments and establish priorities.
3. Observe and evaluate Security Officers for alertness, appearance, and proper performance and to correct deficiencies.
4. Inspect and evaluate incident reports for accuracy and completeness.
5. Maintain current individual training records of Officers.
6. Report all incidents to the Director of Security or other necessary department heads.
7. Install and remove lockouts, as requested by Hotel/Front Desk Management.
8. Respond to emergency situations and take control at the scene.
9. Coordinate with other departments and outside agencies on all matters of concern.
10. Performs other related duties as requested by the Director of Security.
Responsible for the supervision of the Security department. Responsibilities including hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two or more years of relevant law enforcement or corporate security supervisory experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and supervision. Prior law enforcement experience is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and be able to maintain the applicable regional Gaming card(s) and/or License(s), if any.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English. Must be able to read and write simple lists, interoffice memorandums, and business correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Planning, remembering details, using arithmetic, reading, directing others, making decisions, working rapidly, working at various tempos, concentrating amid distractions, remembering names and faces, examining and observing details.
Standing, walking, sitting, observing.
Inside, outside, noisy, changing temperatures.
The above job analysis is for the sole purpose of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not to be construed to include all employees employed in each job classification. The Employer reserves the right to change the requirements of each job analysis as changes in business and/or technology dictate. All weights, distances, and measurements cited in this job analysis are approximations.
Casino Aztar - 10 months ago