Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide and received more than 13,000 reservations for Model S. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this 2012 and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
The HR Business Partner will provide HR partnership and leadership to various business units at Tesla Motors Inc. The successful candidate will develop and implement HR initiatives focused on achieving business objectives. This position is both hands-on and strategic to provide human resources expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management, and more. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Resolve employee relations issues through a systematic approach with clear documentation and follow through
- Advise and counsel supervisors and managers on discipline and termination decisions
- Advise, influence and guide all levels of management on the HR implications of business strategies and all aspects of people-management and leadership
- Help resolve legitimate employee concerns; be the conduit between the employees and other services, such as Benefits and Payroll
- Proactively assess employee pain points and, in consultation with management, develop workable solutions
- Partner with leaders to reduce labor-related risks
- Anticipate the need for change and influence change before a crisis or inflection point arrives.
- Consciously strive to build networks of support for change goals and objectives
- Provide guidance on, and help conduct, the investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications or organization exposure; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on established practice.
- Develop and manage communications regarding organizational structure, employment-related news, and HR-related programs and policies.
- Partner with Compensation on making recommendations for assigned groups on job creation/leveling for roles, review of relevant market data and subsequent communications/recommendations made to the business unit. Consult on proposed promotions, as well as help drive the annual focal review process
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner or other HR roles, including coaching, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training, and HR project management and program implementation
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, etc. which govern employment policies and practices. Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Experience successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Experience working with HR systems
- Strong business acumen
Tesla Motors - 14 months ago
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...