The core function of this position is to plan, design and implement Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based voice network infrastructure. This position will also participate in the development of processes and relationships with other departments within TelePacific communications to meet the needs in planning, designing, building, and managing the VOIP network.
Works under the supervision of the Network Engineering Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Adtran TA900, Cisco 24xx IAD, Cisco Cube
- Owns the overall VOIP Network Design Decisions
- Makes recommendations to leadership regarding all SIP based VOIP elements
- Owner of Vendor Plan of Record
- Provide hardware and software design recommendations for all SIP based VOIP elements
- Own the design and successful implementation of hardware and software recommendations into the production VOIP network
- Design and document configuration for Integrated Access Device and Back to Back User Agents related to TelePacific products
- Primary interface for new VOIP product evaluation
- Build engineering requirements based upon information collected from Sales and Marketing
- Tier 4 troubleshooting of SIP based network elements and services
- Evaluate and Certify SIP PBX equipment and software
- Review and validate test plans, test execution, test reports and defect management
- Participate in Budgetary and Planning exercises
- Other relevant tasks as directed by department leadership
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
(A) Graduation from an accredited four year college or university.
(B) Five (5) years of experience in telecommunications specifically related to VOIP engineering
(C) CCIE Voice highly preferred.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
o Session Directors, policy routing, realms, and various configuration options (Acme Packet SRP, Sonus Policy Router)
- Expert level understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), Real-Time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP), and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF) interworking
- Have proven track record of Vendor Management, Service Delivery, Technical Management of Advanced VOIP solutions including Tier 4 escalations and Outage Management
- Thorough configuration knowledge
o Session Border Controller configuration (Acme Packet SBC, Sonus NBS)
o Broadsoft BroadWorks suite of application servers (AS, NS, MS, XSP, PS)
o Broadsoft Broadworks Network Server policies, routing network elements, and rate centers
- Operations experience including patching, upgrades, logs, debugs, virtual traces of SIP based network elements
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (including LDAP, BIND, Apache, Postgre, Postfix, Courier IP, and Dovecot)
- SAN storage, iSCSI, server backups and recovery
- Understanding of Jitter, Delay, Echo, Gaps, and how to troubleshoot these occurrences
- Experience with SIP Peering and interconnects between carriers
- Intermediate to advanced Unix scripting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of gateway elements a plus: Genband G9, Genband G6, Cisco AS5400, Metaswitch 3510
This position requires limited short-term travel assignment with short notice. Less than 25%.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine, Microsoft Office and Visio applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Keyword: SIP, ACME, Session Border Control, Broadsoft, Broadworks, VOIP, Architect, Network Design
From: TelePacific Communications