We have multiple opportunities for Linux Administrators at all experience levels to join a fast growing company. If you have a ‘can do’ attitude and thrive in a fast paced, quick changing environment this position is for you. You will be working in a large, constantly evolving, Linux server environment with exposure to a wide variety of technologies as well as Linux-based appliances. As a Red Hat Hosting Partner, our primary platform is Red Hat Enterprise Linux but you may encounter other distributions as we are a customer-driven company. Unix experience is a plus as the Linux team is also responsible for the Unix environments. This is a 24×7 systems environment that supports both internal and customer facing systems.
Our Linux team is responsible for the architecture, implementations, and ongoing support of all systems we manage. We have focus areas within the team on architecture (standards, documentation, infrastructure, new customer intake), implementations (building new systems, adding capacity to existing systems, customer handover), and engineering-level (second level) support (daily tasks and operations, addressing capacity and availability alerts, systems audits, patching and updates, customer facing questions, executing both small and large projects to address internal and customer needs) and are always looking for talented administrators with an interest in any (or all) of these tasks.
On our team you will have the opportunity to mentor, be mentored, or both. You will be able to work with a wide range of talent ranging from people who have just started their first Linux administrator job to people with over 15 years of professional Linux administrator experience. We expect that everyone will have one or more technologies that interest them that they will be (or become) a subject matter expert in for the rest of the team to use as a resource in those areas.
A highlight of some of the products we work with:
Experience in one or more of the following technology areas is desired (we use them all):
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- F5 Big-IP LTM/GTM Load Balancers
1-2 years Linux experience for a junior position. Mid and senior level positions available based on sufficient experience and mastery of the relevant technologies. A relevant college degree is a plus, but not required. Red Hat certification (RHCT/RHCSA, RHCE, or RHCA) is a plus, but not required.
- Web applications (including Apache, Tomcat, JBoss)
- Databases (primarily MySQL)
- Server-level networking and network troubleshooting (we have a dedicated network team that handles the rest)
- DNS (BIND, F5 Big-IP GTM)
- SMTP (Postfix, various spam and virus filtering technologies)
- LDAP (OpenLDAP, OpenDS, SunDS)
- Red Hat Network Satellite Server
- Interfacing to SANs (including FC HBAs, Linux native multipathing, EMC Powerpath)
- Filesystems, Logical Volume Management, and partitioning
- Printing (CUPS)
- Monitoring and Graphing (Nagios, Cacti)
- Encryption (GPG, OpenSSL, X.509 certificate concepts)
- Version Control Systems (Subversion, Git)
- One or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Deployment automation (Kickstart, Cobbler)
- Load Balancing (F5 Big-IP LTM)
Any and all potential candidates must comply with the Secure-24 Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy .
To apply for this job, please contact Secure-24 at email@example.com with your resume and a list of references.
Secure-24 - 2 years ago