An Oiler oils and greases marine equipment such as diesel engines, pumps, shafts and bearings. May operate marine diesel engines and other machinery and relieve the engineer on main engine and generator watch in the engineers control booth. The Oiler will assist in making engine room repairs, and will inspect levels in fuel, water, oil and slop oil tanks. May occasionally lift and carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts generally weighing 51 to 75 lbs.
- Commitment to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen
- Transportation to and from jobsite
- Willingness to work a rotating shift schedule
- TWIC card is required
Great Lakes will only contact applicants who are invited to participate further in the selection process. Please do not contact Human Resources regarding the status of the position or your application.
- Complete application on-line.
- Upload resume (optional) and a copy of USCG License, Merchant Mariner Document, STCW certificate, or TWIC card if applicable to position.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an equal opportunity employer.