Environmental Sciences and Planning
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Coraopolis, PA team as a Scientist I in our Environmental Science & Planning Division. The successful candidate will be involved in projects related to the environmental permitting and planning business and in support of the energy business (including the Marcellus Shale natural gas industry) as it relates to environmental site assessments. Under supervision, the scientist will perform standard scientific work while developing professional proficiency.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position apply to standard practices and techniques in specific situations which generally include the following:
** There is no relocation assistance associated with this position. Local candidates will receive primary consideration.**
- Carries out data collection, gathering samples and collecting field data.
- Tests samples and analyzes results obtained.
- Writes technical reports of findings.
- Participates in site assessments, monitoring studies or field surveys.
- Writes permit applications and reports for review by senior scientists.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in a field of Science including, Biology, Ecology, Wildlife Biology and/or Botany or related field, commensurate with hiring discipline. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with directly related Bachelor's degree; no experience is required with a Master's degree.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail; technical writing, computer and communication skills.
- No professional registration is required.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employee committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful Gould - 30+ days ago
We provide a practical approach to FM consultancy services that offers independent best practice advice in all areas of premises and facilit...