Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Responsible for maintaining a clean and inviting environment for patient, customers and staff.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs all tasks to meet department standards.
- Cleans according to step based cleaning procedures.
- Handles all patient, customer, and staff requests or refers to proper personnel.
- Works toward medical center and department goals.
- Greets patients, customers, staff, and physicians cheerfully.
- Acts supportive to patient and staff needs.
- Insures that all actions are directed towards customer satisfaction.
- Continues training to improve personal skills.
- Recommends creative work ethics and communicates ideas to department leadership.
- Works towards keeping a safe working environment by reporting safety hazards appropriately.
- Works as an integral part of the team and will be expected to perform cross-departmental tasks as appropriate and assigned.
- May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; 6 months to one year related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Delivers the ideal patient experience through a customer centric approach.
- Participates and maintains a culture of excellence characterized by positive relationships with peers, nursing, and physicians, along with a willingness of all to strive for their best.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to effectively analyze situations and make good decisions in the absence of management.
- Be able to appropriately challenge ideas.
- Be able to anticipate and respond to the needs of others.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, especially in stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment is open to change, and be adaptable.
- Highly visible customer oriented position providing the highest quality of service at all times.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurements, volume, and distance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- Patients, visitors, staff, and coworkers; must be available seven days per week as scheduled.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Via Christi Health System - 2 years ago