Strategic Objectives :
Assist the Editorial Manager to create exceptional website content according to client publishing schedules. Handle administrative responsibilities needed to facilitate the smooth operation of client digital marketing campaigns.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Editing Client Content: Edits blog post content created for clients to finished draft status. May involve fact-checking, suggesting substantial revisions and correcting for style, content, grammar and clarity.
- Client Blog Management: Uploads finished blog posts to client blogs. Sources images using a variety of provided resources or coordinates with Single Grain design team to develop custom graphic content. Optimizes posts for SEO in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Administrative Support: Assists the Content Marketing team in an administrative capacity as needed. May include small amounts of writing, coordinating content approval with clients and other tasks to be determined.
Responsible for completing work in a timely manner in order to meet client publishing deadlines. Reports to the Editorial Manager.
To excel in this position, you’ll need to be highly organized and extremely deadline-oriented. You’ll be a hungry learner with a passion for the digital marketing industry and how website content can help a business to grow online. You’ll be ruthless with your digital red pen, but also open to feedback on how to improve your skills to better meet our clients’ needs.
Ideal Candidate: The right person for the job will:
- Have one to three years of experience as an editor who’s confident kicking written content into shape.
- Have a deep understanding of how writing for the web differs from other mediums. Know how to leverage web writing styles to move the needle on client business objectives.
- Be highly organized with tremendous attention to detail. Be anal retentive about meeting client publishing deadlines.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently, yet thoroughly. Be able to work “hands off” and take charge of assigned tasks.
- Have past experience working with the WordPress CMS (knowledge of the Yoast SEO plugin is a bonus).
- Hold (or be working toward) a Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, English, marketing, or advertising.
- Have past experience working in a digital marketing environment.
- Experience working with the WordPress CMS
- Located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minnesota (or have prior experience working remote)
- Knowledgeable about super heroes.
Things We Are Not Looking For:
- Fun haters
- Idea crushers/Creativity killers
- People who say “Good enough.”
- Tech haters
If you read this entire job description and you feel like you’re the gal/guy for the job, email your résumé to email@example.com. Finalists for this position will be asked to write and/or edit a test article to gauge your skills. Anticipated start date of November 1st, 2013. (Sooner if possible)
Single Grain - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard