We are seeking a full-time, career-oriented person for a Linux Administrator opportunity.
Crabel Capital Management is a global alternative investment firm with $1 billion in assets under management. We are a research and technology-driven company that specializes in short term systematic trading strategies. We trade 24 hours a day in the global financial markets. 100% up-time is a priority for the operation of our firm.
This position will have a broad range of responsibilities within our IT team but will focus on maintaining Linux servers and desktops for all Crabel sites. Qualified candidates must be open to working at all levels of support and different types of projects - both desktop and server related.
- Candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and have the ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Team player with a strong work ethic that can operate with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience managing a Linux server environment.
- Linux experience including performance monitoring, performance tuning, installs, upgrades, backups, and recoveries.
- Experience with tuning Linux kernels to optimize performance and latency.
- Experience integrating Linux into a Windows environment both for authentication and resource sharing.
- Ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Redhat Linux OS.
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing TCP/IP networking (tcpdump, packet captures, stack tuning)
- Experience working in the financial industry
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter.