is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
second largest institutional pharmacy company in America
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Jackson, MS
is recruiting for a
Part Time Pharmacy Intern
to join our team. Successful candidate will provide pharmaceutical services to long term care residents in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety. This would be a summer intern position for a pharmacy student.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, fills prescriptions and prepares IVs
- Works with Billing Supervisor to enter data into computer system to fill prescriptions and to obtain reimbursement payment.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist in prepackaging medication for dispensing according to PharMerica´s standards and government regulations.
- Assists the Pharmacist in final checking of filled prescriptions, which may include stating the medication for RPh final review and/or packaging of medication post RPh final review and coordinating accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
- Assists Pharmacy Management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and rotating incoming medications and supplies, posting lot numbers, expiration dates and assisting in physical inventory.
- Works with Technician Supervisor in maintaining a clean/safe work environment, checking equipment for calibration, safety and cleanliness.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Minimum one year related experience in long term care, hospital or mail delivery pharmacy preferred, but will train
- Currently enrolled in School of Pharmacy or accredited program
- Intern Pharmacist License if required by state
- Occasional weekend rotation shifts
Qualified, interested candidates please apply on-line or email resume to:
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...