Pr Systems Engineer
Our Systems Engineering team is responsible for overall HGS system definition, including the definition of HGS interfaces with aircraft, the definition of desired HGS functionality (including display formats and behaviors), and the verification and validation of the correct implementation of these defined characteristics.
Systems Engineering duties and responsibilities include:
Significant domain knowledge of business unit products and systems.
- Identification of system-level requirements and preparation of system specification, wiring diagrams, interface control documents, hardware requirement documentation, and software requirement documentation.
- Research and identification of aircraft interface characteristics; generation and maintenance of aircraft and HGS interface database used in the preparation of wiring diagrams to support interface definition
- Preparation of system functional test procedures and creation of traceability from system functional requirements; providing inputs into development of standard test procedure format and test coverage analysis.
- Execution of system-level test procedures and identification of anomalies in test procedures, test equipment operation and system under test operations
- Preparation and submittal of test incident reports as required
- Operation of data acquisition systems during system validation including simulator testing and flight testing of system; assisting in collection of simulator and flight test records to be used in test reports
- Assistance in the analysis of simulator and flight test data; correlation of analyzed data into simulator and flight test reports.
- Generation of system-level trouble reports as required
- Serve as a system architect to plan, capture and manage requirements, analyze, design, test and document systems of high complexity and may lead system integration.
- Recommend new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in systems development processes.
- Decisions may have major impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Act as a mentor to engineers in additional areas including career development.
- Lead and/or review proposals and participate in customer presentations.
- Estimate, track, and report project costs and schedules while managing scope & risk.
- Develop technical & product roadmaps and competitive assessments in area of expertise.
- May lead cross-functional/domain teams in a Project Engineering role.
Bachelor's degree in applicable engineering or science field, and ten years of related experience.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
United States-Oregon-Portland, OR
Avionics Products Engineering
Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list!
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design,...